What Can You Do With A Degree In Biology?
As part of the College of Arts and Sciences, the Department of Biology is committed to mentoring students as they build the elemental skills that employers want: communications, analysis, problem-solving and resourcefulness.
Here’s just a sampling of interesting jobs our recent alumni have landed:
– Specimen analyst, PeaceHealth
– Bio-pharmaceutical manufacturing technician, Genentech
– Ophthalmic technician, Retina Vitreous Macular Research Institute
– Medical scribe, Eugene Pediatric Associates
– Assistant curator of wildlife, High Desert Museum
– Medical scribe, Fertility Center of Oregon
– Contractor, Extanto Technology
– Field technician, Analytical Laboratory & Consultants
– Medical technician, Sitka Hospital
– Medical technologist, Salem Clinic
– Phlebotomotist and medical assistant, Ventama Wellness
– Research technician, MitoSciences
– Biologist, National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration
– Dentist prosthodontics, Tokyo Medical & Dental University
– Office coordinator, Coram Health Care
– Fish passage biologist, Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife
– Territory manager, SpectraCell Labratories
– Molecular biologist and biochemist, Marker Gene Technologies
– Science teacher, Sherwood School District 88J
– Scientist II, Life Technologies Corporation
– Research faculty, University of Colorado
– Foreign service officer, U.S. Department of State
– Lab manager, Floragenex
– Researcher, Oregon Health & Science University
Read more about the biology major.
Return to the careers page.