What Can You Do With A Degree In Languages?
You can do just about anything with a degree in languages! At the UO, there are degree programs in Romance Languages (French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese), German and Scandinavian (German and Swedish), East Asian Languages (Japanese, Chinese, Korean), and Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies (Russian). Information about these and many more languages to study at Oregon can be found at the Languages at Oregon site.
Language study is an integral part of the College of Arts and Sciences and key to our commitment to helping students build the elemental skills that employers want: communications, analysis, problem-solving and resourcefulness.
Here’s just a sampling of interesting jobs landed by recent alumni in language majors:
– Account manager, Symantec
– Communications planner, Wieden + Kennedy, Inc.
– Assistant language teacher, Japan Exchange Teachers Arts Program
– Alumni relations associate manager, International Baccalaureate Global Centre
– International relations coordinator, Tsurutamachi Yakuba
– President, Hammond Metals, LLC
– Copy editor, Arkansas Democrat Gazette
– Senior project management analyst, Pacific Gas & Electric
– Branch manager, EAN Holdings LLC
– Copywriter, OSS Madison Advertising
– Financial service consultant, Servco Pacific, Inc.
– Project manager, Bertelsmann Stiftung
– Chapter representative, Autism Society of Oregon
– Technical writer, Cegedim Relationship Management
– National account manager, IDLWorldwide
– Enterprise software specialist, Add-On Products Denmark
– Senior administrative assistant, NIKE
– Special assistant to the director, Washington Office on Latin America (WOLA)
– Wine educator, King Estate Winery
– Communications and outreach specialist, Engicon
– Designer, Bainbridge
– Account manager, Aruba Networks