What Can You Do With A Degree In Environmental Studies?
As part of the College of Arts and Sciences, the Department of Environmental Studies is committed to mentoring students as they build the elemental skills that employers want: communications, analysis, problem-solving and resourcefulness.
Here’s just a sampling of interesting jobs that our alumni have landed:
– Staff photographer, Yakima Herald-Republic
– Researcher, Merrian Ag Service
– GIS-urban planner, City of Tigard
– Environmental scientist, Stantec Consulting, Inc.
– Installation management associate, Sunrun
– Climate action plan specialist, University of Washington
– Instructor, Keystone Science School
– Environmental protection specialist, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
– Master gardener, Natural Food Store
– Prevention education specialist, University of California at Santa Barbara
– Sustainability design, Food Market Strategies
– Commercial real estate agent, Barnard Commercial Real Estate
– Content coordinator, Ranker, Inc.
– Elementary teacher, HGEA Hawaii Government
– Business donations specialist, Scrap PDX
– Developmental biologist, Reed College
– Executive assistant, Jewish Federation of Portland
– Academic advisor, Central Washington University
– Office manager, Environmental Law Alliance Worldwide
– Watershed development coordinator, Blue River Watershed Group
– Owner, Northwest Naturescapes
– Lab technician, Analytical Laboratories
– Environmental specialist, Cuyahoga County Ohio
– Forestry technician, U.S. Forest Service
– Purchasing manager, Pacific Botanicals
– Physical science technician, USDA
– Account coordinator, Antenna Group
– Energy efficiency program manager, Maryland Energy Administration
– Assistant planner, Multnomah County Land Use and Transportation Planning Division
– Director of alumni communications, University of Denver
– Research and development, Blue Planet International Centre for Business & Technology
– Firefighter, U.S. Forest Service
– Field organizer, Minnesota Environmental Partnership
– Project manager, Global Environment & Technology Foundation
– Farm manager, Holcomb Farm
– Head of sustainability and environment, Supermercados Peruanos S.A.
– Imaging technician, GeoTerra, Inc.
– Watershed stewards project, Americorps
– Volunteer services specialist, Capital Area Food Bank of Texas
– Marine cartographer, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
– Communications and development coordinator, The Johnson Creek Watershed Council
– Marketing manager, Milwaukee Art Museum
– Accounting manager, GSI Water Solutions
– Volunteer restoration coordinator, Grand Canyon Trust
– Owner, New Emergence Hypnotherapy
– Co-founder, SwimZip
– Computer-aided design specialist, EnvisionCAD
– Vice president of operations, Positive Action, Inc.
– Executive assistant, Everpower Renewables
– Developer, Parthenon Software Group
Return to the careers page.