What Can You Do With A Degree In History?
As part of the College of Arts and Sciences, the Department of History is committed to mentoring students as they build the elemental skills that employers want: communications, analysis, problem-solving and resourcefulness.
Here’s just a partial list of interesting jobs that alumni have landed:
– Operations manager, Associated Recreation Council
– Outreach specialist, The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
– Executive team leader, Target Stores
– Cataloger, University of Oregon Libraries
– Communications director for the speaker of the house, Oregon House of Representatives
– Marketing account manager, KPD Insurance, Inc.
– Online video and CDN delivery consultant, ConSol Partners
– Social studies teacher, Alhambra Elementary School District
– Collection care specialist, Crook County Historical Society
– Junior script editor, Trancas
– International account manager, Predator Software, Inc.
– Caregiver, Arthouse of Portland
– Mental health therapist, Center for Family Development
– Development assistant, Museum of Natural & Cultural History
– Account executive, Clearwire
– Marketing manager, Sunset Mortgage Co.
– Site coordinator, SMART
– Due diligence associate, The Red Flag Group
– Tech support, Xerox Business Services
– Marketing assistant, Vet Source
– Veterinarian, Foxmoor Animal Hospital
– Executive administration, Fulfill Your Destiny Christian
– Chef, Sakura Restaurant
– Researcher, Marion County Historical Society
– Community manager and education technology specialist, Celly, Inc.
– Resource manager, Vircon
– Corporate social responsibility, Netflix
– Public utilities analyst, Bonneville
– Financial assistant, First Investors Corporation
– Record and archivist, City of Portland
– Judicial specialist, Oregon Judicial Department
– Corporate partnership and events officer, Virginia Garcia Memorial Foundation
– Brewer, Ninkasi Brewing Company
– Fund representative, Capital Group
– Event service manager, University Advancement
– Logistics officer, U.S. Marine Corps
– Manager research analyst, R.V. Kuhns & Associates, Inc.
– Floor lead, Seattle Art Museum
– Loan officer, Bank of America
– Trauma consultant, Acumed
– Business analyst, S. R. Smith, LLC
– Lab assistant, Asante Health System
– Certified communication association manager, Helsing Group
– Heavy equipment financier, Kent Funding
– Triage, Dove Lewis Emergency Animal Hospital
– Salesperson, New York Life Insurance
– Real estate agent, self-employed
– Salesperson, Glory Bee Foods
Read more about the history major.
Return to the careers page.