What Can You Do With A Degree In International Studies?
As part of the College of Arts and Sciences, the Department of International Studies is committed to mentoring students as they build the elemental skills that employers want: communications, analysis, problem-solving and resourcefulness.
Here’s just a partial list of interesting jobs that alumni have landed:
– Manager, Fall Creek Vineyards
– Financial investor, Edward D. Jones & Company
– Event marketing assistant, Pioneer Courthouse Square, Inc.
– Program manager, UCLA Confucius Institute
– Project manager, Cisco Systems
– Co-founder and head cook, Rwandan Food Truck Project
– Account coordinator, Twitter, Inc.
– Analyst, Medline Industries
– Admissions coordinator, Nagoya City University Japan
– Executive assistant to CEO, PagerDuty
– Event planning, Holt International Children’s Services
– Operations coordinator, Evanta, Inc.
– Event coordinator, Girl Scouts of the USA
– Lender business process services, IBM
– International relations, Busan Foundation for International Activities
– Lead program manager, Best Buddies International
– Local projects coordinator, Building Goodness Foundation
– Assistante d’anglais, Academie de Nantes France
– Student leaders for service program associate, Portland State University
– Owner, Majestic Tradewinds
– Promotion manager, Radio Disney KDZR
– IT and promotions coordinator, The Ocean Outcome
– Communications and program management consultant, Laile di Silvestro
– OPS buyer and planner for Canada, Starbucks Coffee Company
– Owner, Humble Bagel Company, Inc.
– Sales manager, Ricoh Business Solutions
– International business development manager, FG Distribuzione Rome
– Grants assistant, Cascade Sierra Solutions
– Program coordinator, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
– Recruitment coordinator, Ledcor Group
– Development assistant, Raphael House Domestic Violence Agency
– English professor, DuocUC in Chile
– Program coordinator, Horn of African Services
– Second grade teacher, Beijing International Bilingual Academy
– Peru program coordinator, Runa Foundation
– Owner and local food retail consultant, Ground Work Companies
– Access advocacy officer, Doctors Without Borders
– Director of marketing, Ensign Group
– Communications outreach assistant, American Red Cross
– Urban policy developer, The Prince’s Foundation for the Building Community London
– Green building coordinator, Home Builder’s Association
– Graduate international community programmer, Simon Fraser University British Columbia
– Executive account manager and French translator, Swahili Imports
– Founder and wine educator, The Wine Key
– Principal photographer, ATLASFOTO
– Development assistant, Mercy Corps
– Project manager, Department of Justice
– Council representative, Oregon AFSCME Council 75
– Global industrial market specialist, Korn/Ferry International
– Internet marketing assistant, Portland Trail Blazers & Oregon Arena Corporation
Read more about the international studies major.
Return to the careers page.