What Can You Do With A Degree In Linguistics?
As part of the College of Arts and Sciences, the Department of Linguistics is committed to mentoring students as they build the elemental skills that employers want: communications, analysis, problem-solving and resourcefulness.
Here’s just a sampling of other interesting jobs our alumni have landed:
– Accounts manager, HEROweb
– Curriculum development specialist, Owens Valley Career Development
– Senior writer and producer, KRQE-TV
– Tribal linguist, Confederated Tribes of Umatilla Indian Reservation
– Managing editor, Open Road Integrated Media
– English programs supervisor, Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency
– Assistant manager of career services, American University of Dubai
– Tutor, Open Meadow Learning Center
– Travel consultant, World Travel Partners
– Bible translator and linguist, Wycliffe Bible Translators
– Budget analyst, Oregon Liquor Control Commission
– Community impact administrator, Jewish Federation Council of Greater Los Angeles
– Development manager, Audubon Society
– First grade teacher, International School Board West Africa
– Research assistant, Oregon Health & Science University
– Administrative production associate, Pivot Point International
– Technical support, Symantec Corporation
– Speech language pathologist, Pathways to Communication
– IP imaging assistant, Jones Day
– Instructor, Defense Language Institute
Read more about the linguistics major.
Return to the careers page.