What Can You Do With A Degree In Sociology?
As part of the College of Arts and Sciences, the Department of Sociology is committed to mentoring students as they build the elemental skills that employers want: communications, analysis, problem-solving and resourcefulness.
Here’s just a sampling of other interesting jobs that our recent alumni have landed:
– Account coordinator, Karbo Communications
– Subcontracts manager, DynCorp International
– Residential counselor, Looking Glass
– Rehab provider case worker, Permian Basin Community
– Pre-school teacher, Montessori of Stevenson Ranch
– Consultant, Bain & Company
– Lead interface analyst and partner, Windsong Consulting & Data Integration
– Mental health associate, Laurel Hill Center
– Quality assurance lead, First Call Resolution
– Counselor and advocate, Shelter Care, Inc.
– Technical advisor, MRC Consulting Firm
– Director of lending services, Oregon Community Credit Union
– Enterprise territory account manager, Symantec
– CEO, International Commodity Carriers, Inc.
– Human resources director, The Child Center
– Supervisor of media, Reply.com
– Operations executive contractor, Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre
– Social network recruiter, Motus Recruiting & Staffing
– Career and academic advisor, University of Oregon
– Owner, Hilyard Street Market
– Manufacturing production,Vesture Group, Inc.
– Museum technician, Oakland Museum of California
– Physical therapy aide, Los Alamitos Medical Center
– Mental health professional, Rice Child + Family Center
– Residential skills specialist, Rosemont Treatment Center & School
– Casting agent, MTV
– Spark event manager, Nike, Inc.
– Public relations associate, The Ulum Group
– Juvenile counselor, Tillamook County
– Sports marketing coordinator, Adidas
– Child welfare case worker, State of Oregon
– Senior recruitment consultant childcare division, Expect a Star
– Executive assistant and project manager, Greenoaks Capital Management
– Social worker, State of Oregon
– Infusion manager, Eisenhower Medical Center
– President, Peter Scott & Associates
– Owner and senior developer, BonessDev LLC
– Technology director and ITGS instructor, Taejon Christian International School South Korea
– Occupational health manager, Cascade Health Solutions Corporate Office
– High school learning specialist, Gervais School District 001
– Accounting and human resources manager, Jewish Federation of Portland
– Logistical manager, Knight Transportation
– Field marketing manager, E&J Gallo Winery
– IT program administrator, Genesis Infotech, Inc.
– Education assistant and English language development, Bethel School District 52
– Assessor, Oregon Social Learning Center
– Marketing analyst, Balsomhill Internet Retail
– Resident treatment counselor, ChristieCare
– Account executive, Wells Fargo
– Development coordinator, The ARC of Lane County
Read more about the sociology major.
Return to the careers page.