What Can You Do With A Degree In Economics?
As part of the College of Arts and Sciences, the Department of Economics is committed to mentoring students as they build the elemental skills that employers want: communications, analysis, problem-solving and resourcefulness.
Here’s just a sampling of interesting jobs other recent alumni have landed:
– Chief financial and operating officer, Magnolia Consignment
– Trader, Saudi Stock Market Company
– Product development, Life Mat
– Operations analyst, Intel Corporation
– Accountant, Capital Lumber
– Business analyst, Green Energy Corp
– Amazon Local salesperson, Amazon.com
– Inside sales representative, Portland Trail Blazers Oregon Arena Corporation
– Telefund program manager, University of Oregon
– Interpreter, Interpearl
– Project manager, Tail Wind
– Exempt provider training and support services, St. Jude Medical, Inc.
– Operations coordinator, The Clymb
– Account and information analyst, InsidersScore LLC
– Assistant credit controller, Riyad Bank
– Energy market analyst, Epis, Inc.
– Editorial manager, ExecSense
– Human resources coordinator, Nesma Trading Co. Ltd.
– Economist, National Commercial Bank
– Recruiting associate, LinkedIn
– Risk officer, Bank Albilad Saudi Arabia
– Assistant vice president, Merrill Lynch
– New media associate, Fission Strategy
– Commodities analyst, AAA
– Director of marketing, Chambers Construction
– Co-founder, Ulife, Inc.
– Cash equity trade support, Morgan Stanley & Company
– Partner services coordinator, Washington State University
– Business analyst, Yahoo!
– Account executive, Yelp.com
– SAP specialist, Zulily, Inc.
– Property manager, CTL Management, Inc.
– Human resources director, Stahancyk, Kent & Hook
– Land acquisition specialist, enXco, Inc.
– Account executive, Florida Marlins
– Owner, Design Northwest
– Vice president, Pension Consulting Alliance
– Senior GIS analyst, ECONorthwest
– Director, Stop Handgun Violence
– Chief financial officer and chief operating officer, UbiVac
– Orphans and vulnerable children specialist, Center for Disease Control
– In-house consultant, Japan International Cooperation Agency
– Community manager, Wieden + Kennedy, Inc.
– Field vice president, Pacific Life
– Real estate finance manager, Kindercare Learning Center
– Stockbroker, Phillips & Company
– Architect, LRS Architects, Inc.
– Executive director, Parent Partnership
– Education software architect, University of Oregon
Read more about the economics major.
Return to the careers page.