What Can You Do With A Degree In General Social Sciences?
As part of the College of Arts and Sciences, the General Social Sciences program is committed to mentoring students as they build the elemental skills that employers want: communications, analysis, problem-solving and resourcefulness.
Here’s just a sampling of interesting jobs that our alumni have landed:
– Account executive, Zero Labs
– Software quality assurance, CBS
– Staff account executive, Soldsie
– Clubhouse manager, Volcano Baseball
– Project coordinator, Fusion Storm
– Project manager, Choose Growth
– Manager, Lane Council of Governments
– Revenue and taxation specialist III, City of Portland
– Founder, Blue Dog Mead
– Financial representative, Country Financial
– Fiscal department, Central Oregon Community College
– DSL assistant, La Pine School District
– Account representative, State Farm Insurance
– Behavior life coach, College Excel
– Human resource assistant, University of Oregon
– Social service specialist I, Lane Council of Governments Senior & Disabled Services Division
– Admissions coordinator, Oregon Institute of Technology
– Bilingual intake specialist, Healthy Beginning
– Clinical social worker, self-employed
– Special education, Alameda Unified School District
– Loan processor, Pacific Residential Mortgage
– Case manager, Central Oregon Counsel on Aging
Read more about the general social sciences major.
Return to the careers page.