Faculty research ranges from documenting understudied languages in far flung reaches of the world to working with typically developing English speaking children who live right here in Eugene. Students who are interested in getting involved in research are encouraged to talk with faculty members who inspire them.
Many of the faculty-directed labs listed below offer standing research opportunities for undergraduate students:
- Language Revitalization Lab, directed by Gabriela Pérez Báez
- Language Variation & Computation Lab, directed by Tyler Kendall
- Learner Corpus Research & Applied Data Science Lab, directed by Kris Kyle
- Speech & Language Lab, directed by Melissa (Lisa) Redford
- Speech Perception & Production Lab, directed by Melissa Baese-Berk
- Usage-Based Linguistics Lab, directed by Volya Kapatsinski