• "Transnationalism and the Epic Tradition in Baroque Italian Travel Literature." Transnational Italian Studies. Eds. Charles Burdett and Loredana Polezzi. Liverpool UP, 2020. pp. 107-224.
• “Italian Travel Writing.” Cambridge History of Travel Writing. Eds. Nandini Das and Tim Youngs, Cambridge UP, 2019. pp. 206-220.
• “Columbus Conquers the Moors: Baroque Italian Epic from Granada to the New World” in The New World in Early Modern Italy: Eds. Elizabeth Horodowich and Lia Markey, Cambridge UP, 2017. pp. 270-287.
• “Bitter Laughter and Colonial novellistica in Galeotto Cei’s Relazione delle Indie.” Culture and Civilization 6 (2014): 243-257.
• “Failed New World Epics in Baroque Italy” in Poesis and Modernity in the Old and New Worlds. Special issue of Hispanic Issues, vol. 39. Eds. Anthony Cascardi and Leah Middlebrook. Nashville, TN: Vanderbilt University Press, 2012. pp. 201-223.
• “Writing the Mediterranean in Italian Baroque Travel Literature: Pietro Della Valle’s Viaggi” in Mediterranean Travels: Writing Self and Other from the Ancient World to Contemporary Society. Eds. Patrick Crowley, Noreen Humble, and Silvia Ross. Oxford: Legenda, 2011. pp. 96-113.
• Literature and Identity in Italian Baroque Travel Writing. Ashgate Press, 2008.
• “Travel and the Art of Telling the Truth: Marie-Catherine d’Aulnoy’s Travels to Spain.”Huntington Library Quarterly Vol. 70 (1) 2007: pp. 87-102.
• “Taking after Tarabotti? A 17th-century Sienese Discorso.” in Arcangela Tarabotti, a Literary Nun in Baroque Venice . Ed. Elissa Weaver. Ravenna: Longo Editore, 2006. pp.191-200